Ignore the quality; I took these photos with my iPod Touch and HTC Incredible 2 smart phone.
- Uh… yeah, ignore. :]
- I bought a “gymbership”! My first time working out.
- Matt and I checked out Penne Pomodoro’s in Lakewood/Dallas. Their focaccia bread was delicious!
- Matt! He’s been giving me pointers on life in Portland and exposing me to the vegetarian lifestyle. I dig!
- Matt and I checked out Starfucker, Painted Palms, and Alexico! I had a great time. Matt not so much.
- Meet Matt’s furball, Beth the Catloaf.
- Home Improvement: I’ve been making minor improvements outside of the house. Our lamp was not working, so I just replaced the bulb. Now we can see and it keeps robbers away.
- After the STRFKR show, we went to Velvet Taco on i75 in Dallas! The Applewood bacon and egg taco (#18) was soooo good. Thanks, Matt!
- “I will do whatever it takes.” I have this on my iPod and look at it when I work out to keep me going and motivated. I briefly think about Portland when I read it, too.
- Rita Repulsa, we meet again! I was venturing the toy department and thought it was peculiar that she was alive again. I thought we did away with her!
- I went on a dinner date with my friend, Chelsey, at Dream Cafe in Uptown Dallas. We gawked at the waiter the entire time. Dreamboat!
- Matt was having computer problems, so I took a swing at it. It was my first solo hard drive extraction. I wiped it clean and re-installed a new copy of Windows 7. It was simple.
- I’ve been missing meals being made for me lately, so I learned how to make grilled cheese and turkey sandwiches. I also made dinner for my sister one night: Chicken Alfredo with delicious dinner rolls. Of course, all from a bag.
- The Dr and I became re-acquainted for like 2 days (that’s how long he lasted). It reminded me of hanging out in Brooklyn. Good times.
- BRAVOR volunteered at the North Texas Food Bank with 4 other great folks. All 6 of us sorted 2 pallets/2,105 lbs/1,754 meals-worth of potatoes for North Texas families and individuals.
- There was a warm front one day so I got a haircut, grabbed a Passion Tea Lemonade from Starbucks, and hung out in West Village. It was bliss.
- Marlon and I singing some Whitney Houston song, my first ever karaoke performance.
- Home Improvement: Another light fixture that needed some love. It was so easy. Why did it take us so long to replace those bulbs??
- My first ever canoli from Whole Foods. Again, gotta give props to Matt for the support and healthy food education. It was good.
- I decided to go on a staycation in Dallas at the Le Meridien (Galleria) for 2 days. It was heaven. I was so surprised by the work desk, and the arrangement, and the hot water (we don’t have hot water due to some electrical issues; I am truly roughing it). It was great time. On the last night, I picked up pizza and a moscato from Whole Foods and watched Submarine (2010). Good movie.
- One morning, I woke up in my hotel bed not wanting to move. It felt so great to have my own space and privacy and comfortable bed.
- After I checked out at Le Meridien, I went shopping at the Galleria mall across the street. I bought 3 outfits to replace some rags. Trying on new threads was another morale booster.
- Stacy and I decided to check out the Gaultier exhibit over the weekend. The lines (yes, lines) were insane, like the outfits and hologram faces on the mannequins, too. Afterwards we went to Carmine’s, a pizza joint near the Arts District that never disappoints. We talked about relationships and how Lenny Kravitz makes us feel naughty. Riding the trolley was a pleasant experience to and from the Arts District.
Overall, January was great, having started with a bang (or, ball drop) in New York surely set the pace. I’m hoping February is just as eventful.
How was your January?