- I went to Austin for a pretty good business meeting. I walked around downtown Austin pretending to live there. It felt nice, though a bit of a stretch.
Translation: “Loneliness only exists when your abandon yourself…”
- While I was in Austin, I got some much needed Linda time. It was great to work and talk with her!
- Little me in the second grade. I was very self-conscious about my lips then. I’ve learned to see them for what they are — part of me.
- I went home to the country to hang with my family. It was really nice to hang out with my mom and my sister for a while.
- Treu and I decided to meet up again in San Francisco. We really liked hanging out so much when we met that I instantly used my SWA points to go see him. We had a great time eating, sleeping, working, playing, walking, running, exploring together.
- I finally saw the Golden Gate Bridge on my 3rd visit to SF. I really enjoyed spending time with Treu in Sausalito and the Muir Woods in our ZipCar named Waffles. Treu surprised me with Fiona Apple tickets and we saw the SF Opera perform Verdi’s Rigoletto.
- Walking hand in hand to the opera was amazing. I’ll never forget my birthday.
- A friend on Facebook had 2 tickets to Beach House in Dallas so Chelsea and I gladly took them and had a great time. I haven’t had a spiritual orgasm during a concert since I saw John Mayer perform “Gravity” at Fair Park in 2007. It was an incredibly amazing time.
- Treu was visiting me this time, so I used his visit as a hot prod in the butt to clean out the backroom. In the end, the backroom was cleared out, my old bed set moved back there, my sister got a new bed set, and the junk you see is organized. Treu and I darted all over DFW and Austin. We saw the Chinese Lantern Festival at the State Fair. Everyone was looking at us (smug). And we kissed in the gardens at Joe T’s in Fort Worth.
- In Austin, Treu happened upon the Pecan Street Festival by accident. It was really cool in typical Texas fashion. We listened to great music, ate great stuff, and got assaulted by a pug puppy.
September was a great month. On the plane to San Francisco, I wrote down what I want to accomplish over the next few years, where I would like to go. I feel I have drive again and direction.
In the end, there was never enough time with Treu and never enough sleep. I made him a mixtape ending with a song called “October” by Helio Sequence that said “Keep in mind the next time / Raise your eyes, there will be a next time.” I hope to see him again soon.
How was your September?